Monday 30 January 2012

Magazine Cover Draft


This week I have started to create my front cover. I have chosen a 'striking' image, in which the model is making eye contact with the audience. She also looks quite simplistic, but also quite made up which suits the theme of my magazine. The colour scheme I have chosen goes well with the models clothing. I have used Q magazine as inspiration for my magazine, using a similar layout as many of their popular covers. This includes the name of the artist larger than any other coverline on the magazine, in the same colour as the masthead. This therefore links together well, and create a 'theme' for the front cover. Underneath this coverline is a pull quote from the interview with the artist, which entices the audience to buy the magazine and read the article.  I have also created a banner running along the top of the cover including another coverline of a feature in the magazine. The barcode fits nicely to the right of the model's head, with the masthead to the left.


The above image shows the cover being made in InDesign. I have used seperate boxes for each piece of text to make it easier to move around the individual parts, but also to colour them differently and change the font type. I used the swatches tool to find a colour that stood out against the background but also one that matched it too. I have drawn a box for the masthead to be placed on, as this frames it nicely - just like Q magazines masthead - and makes it stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment